Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hostas go wild?!

[Photo: Hostas growing in vacant lot.] As well as the more weedy species I've been blogging about1, I was very surprised to find these hostas growing in a vacant lot on Elm west of Bay. I wonder how they got here? [Photo: pile of dirt and rubble with hostas.]I'm half tempted to dig them up and bring them home, but Nicky thinks that they were deliberately planted by a guerilla gardener and it would be wrong to take them. What do you think? Does this look like a deliberate planting to you?
1 I.e. Hordeum jubatum (foxtail barley), Malva neglecta (common mallow), Plantago lanceolata (ribwort plantain), and Trifolium pratense (red clover).

1 comment:

  1. I was just reading on a hosta site that some hosta flowers are classed as "very fertile". Could they have seeded themselves there? Of course, I like Nicky's suggestion better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin