Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Solenostemon scutellaroides 'Wizard Mix': seeds

Solenostemon scutellaroides, known in English as "coleus" and in French as coléus or coliole, is a tender perennial native to southeast Asia widely grown for its colourful foliage. Cultivars are available with various patterns of white, pink, red, yellow, brown, black, and green leaves.

I last grew coleus back when I was in high school, from seed. It was a lot of fun since the seedlings show their colours from an early stage. (Of course, back then I actually had big windows with lots of sunlight streaming in, and this time around I'm in a dingy basement apartment with fluorescent light...) I'm hoping these babies will liven up the drab shady front yard this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin