Monday, March 16, 2009

Crocus flower!

[Photo: pale yellow crocus.]Crocus is a genus of flowering corms native to Eurasia and north Africa. Most of them bloom in the early spring, in yellow, white, mauve, or purple.

Yesterday, after posting that nothing was in bloom in my area except for those snowdrops I've posted about three times already, I discovered this lovely little crocus blooming just down the street from me! (Sorry the picture is so small; I didn't want to trespass on someone else's garden so I had to photograph from a distance and use the zoom lens.)

Although I am very happy to see the crocuses are coming up, I'm also a bit sad because last year I'm sure my winter aconite was blooming before the crocuses, and I don't see it coming up. I'm afraid I may have killed it. Drat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin